Why are the CBZ Exclusive Books So Unique?
As people who color, Mary and Alexis agreed on four things that bothered them about the typical coloring books on the market today.
- Most coloring books are bound so that you have to hold them open with one arm while you color. This is kind of a pain in the butt (well, a pain in the arm, but you get the idea). Also, this type of binding made it very hard for left-handers to color.
- Sometimes the paper wasn’t very thick so you would ruin the next image (or two) because the markers would bleed through the page.
- When images were printed on both sides of the page, you couldn’t tear out a picture if you really liked it.
- If you pulled out a page to color on the go, you had to bring a clipboard or something along so that you could color the page. Very inconvenient. Try putting a clipboard and markers in a purse and you’ll see what I mean.
With this list in front of us, we decided to reinvent how coloring books were made, so we created our own coloring book series that took away the problems listed above. Our books are made to ensure that our customers have the best coloring experience. Let me explain:
- The books are spiral bound along the top so that it lies flat as you color. It doesn’t matter if you are right or left-handed.
- The paper is very thick to prevent bleed-through and we have included a perforated tear-out blotter page to put behind whatever page you are coloring – plus if you are using permanent markers. When we were starting out. we literally spent hundreds of dollars buying & trying out different paper types before we settled on one that we thought was ideal - 110lb cardstock.
- Images are printed on only one side of the page and because of the spiral binding, they are easy to tear out for framing.
- Each book has a thick chipboard backing so you can take it anywhere and color wherever you are – no clipboard needed!. It's like having a clipboard built right into the coloring book.
Our books aren't the cheapest, and we definitely don't make them for mass production. But after trial and error, we think that we've finally found the perfect combination of qualities to make coloring easier, more relaxing, and less of a mess!
We hope you agree. But if you have your own thoughts about what makes a coloring book best for you, please let Mary & Alexis know by dropping us a line at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!